Sandringham School is a high performing and extremely popular Outstanding School situated in the picturesque city of Saint Albans, conveniently located just 20 minutes by train from London. We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious full time teacher of Physics to join our wonderful Science Faculty. Physics is a very popular subject with large numbers studying the subject at GCSE and A-Level. We are seeking to recruit someone who is inspiring, dynamic and has a passion for Physics. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career.
Over £10 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past five years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is a Research School, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips.
Sandringham School is a member of the Alban Academies Trust, together with Verulam School and Ridgeway Academy. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. Our motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation. If you have a passion for teaching Physics, we would love to hear from you for this full time position.
Application deadline: 9am on Monday 24th February 2020. We welcome online TES applications.
Applications from NQTs and experienced colleagues are welcome for this full time position. For NQTs this will be a paid position from July 2020.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. Full details are available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Manager, Sandringham School, The Ridgeway, St Albans, AL4 9NX, Tel 01727 799560. Email email@example.com
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.