This is an opportunity for an outstanding Physics specialist to play a key role teaching Physics at Key Stage 3, GCSE and A Level at an historic and successful independent day school for girls.
Working with the Head of Physics your responsibilities will include:
- Teaching Physics across the 11-18 age range
- Inspiring excellent attainment through promoting high standards of teaching and learning
- Advising pupils and parents on progress, giving clear guidance for improvement
- Assisting the Head of Department to prepare students for university applications in this subject area
The ideal candidate will be a well-qualified graduate with qualified teacher status, or the equivalent gained through experience, with the enthusiasm and ability to inspire, excite and motivate pupils in Physics.
Science at Streatham & Clapham High School
The Department has seven modern laboratories, with two specialising in each science discipline and a state-of-the-art laboratory specific to sixth-form teaching.
The Department is very well equipped with textbooks, modern equipment and ICT resources to support study at all levels of the curriculum. The Department is also supported by three subject-specific laboratory technicians.
Our students are given many co-curricular opportunities to encourage a greater engagement in science. Recent excursions have included visits to The Observatory Science Centre in Herstmonceux, science conferences at the Institute of Education and a particle masterclass at Royal Holloway College.
About Streatham & Clapham High School
Streatham & Clapham High School is a vibrant, exciting and fulfilling place in which to work. The School is characterised by a warm, welcoming and supportive atmosphere. Members of the Common Room are supportive of each other, and this ethos of support is reflected by the ease of access that all members of staff have to the leadership team. Relationships with pupils are respectful, purposeful and warm. New colleagues are supported through a personalised induction programme.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and an application form please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 20 March 2019.
Streatham & Clapham High School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.