Avenor College, is a dynamic, selective and future thinking school and we are seeking Teachers of Science to join our school on the next steps into the future, from August 2021. The vacancy arises because the school continues to expand. We wish to appoint enthusiastic professionals able to contribute to the teaching of Science throughout KS3-5. Applicants should be qualified science teachers. NQT’s are welcome to apply (we offer DfE reciognised induction for NQT’s as a BSO school).
Our science department consists of seven colleagues, a part time technician, two well equipped laboratories as well as plans to further increase dedicated space, and the college offers great opportunities for continuous professional development. We currently offer separate sciences to all at iGCSE (Cambridge) and Cambridge A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Our Key stage three provision has a Romanian national line in science for a minority of students, while most of our students follow the UK National curriculum resulting in Checkpoint/SAT summative assessments.
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following Essential Characteristics:
- Be fluent in English;
- Be able to offer at least two of the sciences to iGCSE and Physics to A level;
- Be able to motivate and challenge able students, by co-creating a stimulating learning experience;
- Be motivated to develop schemes of work and ensure that science is a central aspect of the whole school curricular and co-curricular experience;
- Inspire trust and confidence in students, parents and colleagues, with the ability to offer CPD to colleagues in your area of specialism;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of Avenor College.
We value the following Personal Characteristics and would hope you might be able to demonstrate these:
- People oriented - building positive relationships; good team player and good team builder; excellent listener; fair and consistent;
- Positive outlook - in all respects a good role model who will lead by example;
- A high level of cultural sensitivity and the ability to treat all staff/students/parents equally regardless of nationality or background;
- Capacity for hard work; organized and prepared; a high degree of resilience;
- Healthy lifestyle;
- Interest and constant practice in their own personal development;
- Constant learner.
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- The position will be offered on an initial two-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter;
- Maximum class sizes of 18;
- Continuing professional development opportunities;
- Maximum contact time of 24*50 minute lessons per week;
- A wonderful well equipped friendly environment in which to work, with a motivated team;
- A great team spirit.
● Ensure that your application form includes the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses;
● Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor College (and live in Bucharest) and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs;
● Please browse our extensive bilingual website for a clear overview of the school, and you can find us on Facebook which gives a flavour of the vibrancy of the school;
● Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information prior to applying.
● Closing date: Applications will be dealt with on receipt;
● First-round interviews will be conducted via Zoom;
● Final interviews for shortlisted candidates will be individually arranged.
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide an updated enhanced DBS together with an updated ICPC.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 19 years