We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher of Physics, who can successfully deliver A Level and Level 3 Applied Science BTEC to our students.
Based at Selby College within rural North Yorkshire, you will join a small and dedicated team of specialist science teachers in a high performing department. With small class sizes and well behaved students, you will have the opportunity to deliver high quality teaching to motivated students who are willing to learn.
The department has excellent facilities and the college has a campus feel.
- Deliver Physics to A Level and level 3 Applied Science BTEC students: plan, prepare and teach as required by your line manager, monitor, review and evaluate student progress
- Keep accurate records of students, assessments and resources used
- Participate in standardisation and verification/moderation as required
- Keep up to date with any awarding body changes to specifications or assessment requirements
- Ensure good student behaviour, attendance and punctuality
- Embed Skills for Life, Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety, British Values, Maths, English and ICT within teaching and learning
- Assist and advise students on matters relating to career progression
- Contribute to the development of Physics and related curriculum area including the preparation of learning materials, student assessments and intranet based resources
- Fulfil the role of radiation protection officer (RPO)
- You will have successfully taught A Level and BTEC Applied Science Level 3 within a college or school setting.
- You will be a graduate within a physics or related field and will hold a teaching qualification.
- In addition you will be able to work well within a small team, being able to get on well with others, being organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Ideally you will have organised trips and excursions for students and have great skills in managing the pastoral care of students.
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: This will range from £23 107 for newly qualified teachers to £33 353 for highly experienced and outstanding practitioners
Holiday: 37 days per year, plus statutory holidays, directed study and Christmas break.
Closing date: 8th April 2020
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check is a requirement for this role.