This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the North East’s highest achieving schools; our motto ‘Excellence for All’ is at the heart of our work. Our most recent Ofsted report graded every aspect of our school “outstanding.” We are at an exciting stage in our development having opened our Sixth Form in September 2015 and having recently been designated as a Teaching School. Our ethos as an Anglican academy is entirely inclusive and no faith based pupil admission criteria are applied.
The Governors seek to appoint an energetic, imaginative and forward-looking teacher who is an outstanding classroom practitioner to join the highly effective Science Department as we expand our provision. The ability to successfully teach Physics to GCSE and ideally A level, is essential. The successful candidate will also be able to teach the other science disciplines to at least KS3. We are happy to receive applications from teachers working towards QTS as well as newly qualified and experienced teachers. This post is temporary for one year in the first instance.
The successful candidates will have:
• excellent teaching and classroom management skills
• drive, high expectations and a commitment to excellence for all
• a commitment to active learning techniques
• the ability to differentiate effectively across the age and ability range
• an absolute commitment to pupils and their learning above all else
• outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• strong ICT skills used to enhance learning