Great Western Academy is a new academy which opened its doors in September 2018 with strong values based on Achievement, Care and Excellence. The academy is now heavily over-subscribed for year 7 and will open a Sixth Form of well over 100 students from the local area this September.
Do you have a passion for teaching that instils a love of Physics in your students? Can you inspire the next generation with the opportunity to teach up to and including A Level? Can you involve all ages and abilities in engaging learning experiences? Great Western Academy is seeking to appoint a Physics Teacher who will join and enhance our science department, be responsible for delivering outstanding lessons and contributing to the wider education agenda, inspiring learners and raising standards.
This post is open to NQTs as well as more experienced colleagues.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver high quality and engaging learning experiences to all students
- Be a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is enthusiastic and shares the values of the school
- Great facilities and in a well-resourced, brand new Science Department
- A friendly and supportive staff who are always happy to help each other and share good practice
- Strong support from line managers and SLT
- A strong CPD programme and the opportunity to deliver as well as receive training
- Access to a middle leader development programme
- Excellent career opportunities and progression, particularly as the school grows
- The opportunity to be part of a successful 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subjects
- Dedicated NQT support including your own subject mentor, school NQT coach and reduced teaching timetable
Our objective is to be a flagship Academy where every pupil not only achieves their full potential but also feels an integral part of the organisation; an Academy where no child is left behind; an Academy where the bonds between parent, teacher and child are so secure that failure is not an option. The unique community that we have built ensures that young people achieve their ambition in a caring environment where they are the centre of all that we do.
Further details are available on the Academy website www.gwacademy.co.uk and in the information documents attached. Informal conversations with the Principal, Graham Davis, are available prior to application; please contact Rebecca Mathis on 01793 207903 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
Applications should be submitted by 4pm on Thursday 21st March 2019. Interviews will take place during the week beginning 25th March.