Teaching role with career potential within our Trust
Required for either 16th April or September 2018
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic Science Faculty where there is a high demand from students and a strong record of success. Based in one of the top achieving grammar schools in the country, with commendably high ‘Value Added’, it offers you the potential to develop your own career in an ‘Outstanding’ school. WCGS blends the best of tradition with the cutting edge of curriculum developments.
As part of Folio Education Trust, there is the potential for future career development through internal promotion pathways and within our trust of local schools.
For the successful candidate, this is your chance to:
- Experience working at an Outstanding school;
- Teach high-achieving students at KS3, KS4 and A Level
- Work within a highly motivated and exciting Science Faculty which encourages students to achieve their full potential;
- Access CPD which challenges and supports professional development through a programme which has received a Quality Mark for excellence
- A highly motivated Senior Leadership Team who wish to see Science flourish within the School
- Working with students who respond well to inspirational and motivational teaching creating memorable teaching and learning experiences
- A school which has Value Added scores which are consistently in the top 2% nationally
- Working within a school where GCSE results are always in the top 50 state schools in the country;
- A strong House System which aims to include all students
- Increased opportunities for Joint Practice Development in a range of educational contexts
Application packs can be downloaded, are available from the School website at www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk or by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please return your completed Application Form electronically to email@example.com as soon as you are ready but no later than the closing date. Please be aware that part of the application form requires a statement which will act as a letter of application to the Head of School. Please note CVs will not be considered.
Closing date: Friday 23rd February (12 noon)
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date should there be a suitable candidate and therefore advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre-employment checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.