Saltus Grammar School invites applications for the following post to commence September 1, 2017.
Teacher of Piano and Singing
Saltus Grammar School is a high achieving, co-educational day school educating students between the ages of 4 and 18. The school is a leading independent school in Bermuda and enjoys an excellent reputation in the local and international community. The school has a Primary Department, which embraces the Foundation Year, the Lower Primary and the Upper Primary years, and the Secondary Department which includes the Saltus Graduate Years. The school’s international curriculum blends the best of both UK and North American traditions. In addition to academic excellence, particular emphasis is placed on the all-round development of students, and sport, music and drama are key aspects of school life.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Teach Primary and Secondary students, preparing them for exams, including theory and report writing. In addition, the successful candidate will have at minimum ABRSM Grade 8 (or equivalent) singing and piano skills and with the ability to teach an additional instrument is preferred.
Candidates for the above position:
- Must have a minimum of three years teaching experience.
- Must be a qualified graduate, experienced teacher who has proven ability/success in the delivery of their subject in a differentiated classroom at all levels of the Primary and Secondary Department.
- Must have a proven ability in the use of information technology in the delivery of the curriculum.
- Must be able to use an online grading system and be willing to create and update schemes of work and resources.
- Must be licensed by or qualified to be licensed by the Bermuda Educators Council. Should an overseas candidate be appointed, this will be organized.
- Must have a commitment to the principles of independent education and be willing to contribute to extracurricular activities and the broader life of the School.
- Must be willing to provide cover for absences and/or advisory.
- Must be committed to academic excellence and strive for positive relations with all students, parents and colleagues alike.
- Must be highly organized and able to thrive in a busy environment.
- Experience in sight-reading is preferred.
- A QTS or equivalent teaching certificate would also be an asset.
All applicants must provide a resume along with the following information: title of the post applied for, full name, date of birth, national status, full details of secondary and higher education and other qualifications with dates, full details of teaching and other experience (indicating schools, responsibilities and dates), and also the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two persons who are willing to provide confidential professional references, one of whom should be your current employer.
Candidates are requested to e-mail a letter of application and resume/curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department at:
Email: HumanResources@saltus.bm Saltus Grammar School
P.O. Box HM 2224, Hamilton HM JX, Bermuda Telephone: 441-292-6177
For further information on Saltus Grammar School, please visit the school's website at www.saltus.bm.