We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and committed specialist teacher of Product Design and Technology for a January/April 2020 start. We welcome applications from NQTs.
At Chadwell Heath Academy we provide an excellent education for all of our pupils. In our last inspection the School was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED in all categories. We believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives. We want pupils to feel enthused by the opportunities that await them, and proud to be part of a multi-cultural community.
What we offer:
• A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff.
• A friendly and engaged staff body who welcome new teachers and a leadership team who encourage professional development at all levels.
• A superb opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills through bespoke CPD provision.
• To work in a modern, well-resourced Product Design and Technology suite, comprising excellent facilities.
• Opportunities for in-house career progression.
• Students who are eager to learn, with 90% of our students going on to university study.
• You will be joining collegiate, hard-working and supportive department.
• Each teacher has their own workshop and access to computer suites.
• The department has all the latest machines for the workshop and two computer suites which come with three 3D printers and two large laser cutters.
• A-level has always been strong with two groups at AS-level and two groups at A-level this is due to the fantastic outcomes and results at GCSE and also due to pupils recognising the quality of teaching and supporting nature within the department.
• The department currently offers AQA Design & Technology specialising in Product Design at Key stage 4 and 5
What you offer:
• You will be passionate about teaching Product Design and Technology and dedicated to providing exceptional learning experiences in the classroom.
• A strong academic background in the Product Design and Technology area.
• Be hard working and driven by the belief that all pupils are capable of academic success.
• Approach your own teaching with a philosophy of continuous improvement in all areas.
• Share the school and department’s view that success is a result of great and inspirational teaching and long term input.
• Able to approach the pressures of teaching with humour.
• You will be keen to contribute to wider aspects of departmental and school life.
If you share our vision for Chadwell Heath Academy then we would love to hear from you. Please click the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today. The closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 22nd November 2019
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.