MPS + Federation benefits
To start September 2020
Full or part-time applications considered.
Applications from NQTs, returners to the profession or ex-armed forces personnel welcomed.
Harington School is looking for a well-qualified and highly motivated teacher of Psychology who has a love for their subject. This post has become available due to the continuous rise in popularity of the subject; Psychology has consistently been one of the highest performing subjects at the School with an ALPS grade 2 for the last three years. Our teachers are passionate about the subject and a number of students opt to pursue Psychology related degrees.
Applications are welcome from NQTs, who will be well supported by experienced mentors and through our teaching school alliance, or from more experienced candidates where there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion. The successful candidate will be joining a strong and supportive team of specialist teachers who take pride in achieving the best outcomes for all students. In addition, we offer candidates the opportunity to teach younger students at Catmose College.
Harington School is an Outstanding (Ofsted, January 2017) provider of post-16 education where students enjoy an academic curriculum housed within purpose-built accommodation. Class sizes are modest and the attitude of learners is first class. The majority of students aspire to follow a university route, with many applying to Russell Group universities. The School has a commitment to enrichment outside of the curriculum and there is a healthy sporting, musical and leadership programme.
Teachers are able to enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Teachers at top of scale may receive up to a 2% pay award annually for good performance.
- Relocation support for hard-to-recruit subjects.
- Vast range of staff training including a funded Master’s scheme, through our teaching school.
- Secondary and sixth-form teaching opportunities.
- Staff laptops.
- Priority admission for children of staff to the College and Primary.
- Flexible working.
- A broad range of opportunities to engage in extracurricular trips and activities.
- Holidays outside of the usal term-time pattern, including a two week autumn break and an early summer.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and welcome applications from candidates looking for a variety of flexible working arrangements including, but not limited to; part time working and a job share.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms and information are available online at www.rutlandfederation.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements.
CVs are not accepted.
Closing date is 12 noon on Monday 24 February 2020.
You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com.