Join East Anglia’s “State Secondary School of the Year” 2020
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading comprehensive schools, recently ranked third nationally in the Sunday Times’ ParentPower publication for two years running. Due to the continued expansion of the College, we are looking to recruit an outstanding and passionate teacher. RE is a popular option subject at IVC at KS4 and Philosophy is a thriving subject at KS5, and both deliver consistently excellent outcomes.
NQTs are welcome, and will be nurtured and developed with an exemplary support package. We are one of eight schools in the country to be a Flexible Working Ambassador School, and are fully committed to flexibly working; we would encourage applications from part time candidates.
With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country, and the College was recently awarded Sunday Times East Anglian Secondary School of the Year. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 95% of grades at 4-9.
As an IB World School, the College offers a unique and innovative curriculum, with a weekly enrichment programme for all students as part of the College timetable, and with a focus on wellbeing at its heart. The College has also received a number of other national accolades, including the Gold Carnegie Medal for its work in supporting mental health and wellbeing, and SSAT Awards for progress, attainment and curriculum design.
RE outcomes at GCSE are consistently excellent for both attainment and progress across a diverse cohort of students. Outcomes are similarly strong in the sixth form, with students achieving above the IB World Average. You will also be joining us at an incredibly exciting time, as we launch the IB Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3, and become the only state school in the UK to offer three IB programmes.
You will be joining an innovative and collaborative faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development and to developing students' love of RE and Philosophy.
With your knowledge and passion for RE you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and to establish your own vision for delivering a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the Eastern Learning Alliance (ELA) can offer you:
• a competitive salary including a recruitment and retention allowance for the right candidate
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload
• further reduction in contact time for teachers new to the College, to support effective transition into post
• the chance to work in a Flexible Working Ambassador School, where innovative approaches to work are championed and family life is fully supported
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance and where flexible working is encouraged
• subsidised access to our sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
The ELA is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 9am on Friday 21 May 2021, interviews Monday 24/Tuesday 25 May 2021
Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the College and please contact HR Enquiries email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Impington Village College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Join East Anglia's State Secondary School of the Year 2020
Inclusive, Inspirational, International
Impington Village College is part of the Morris Education Trust and is a comprehensive school like no other. It was originally founded in the lat...