WHITMORE HIGH SCHOOL
TEACHER OF RE
Are you passionate about teaching RE? Are you looking for an innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely invests and develops you? Then come and join us at Whitmore High School where we believe exceptional teachers transform students’ lives!
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic teacher of RE to A Level to join our dynamic and successful school; someone with a real passion for their subject, who teaches engaging lessons and helps all students reach their potential.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all of our students with a collaborative approach to teaching and learning
• Be a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is influential and committed to getting the best outcomes for the students in our school
• Be keenly interested in how children learn
• Be committed to equal opportunities for all and to the safeguarding and welfare of young people
Why work for Whitmore High School?
• State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
• Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
• ECF programme with dedicated mentor for 1st and 2nd Year ECTs
• You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school
• Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
• Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, breakfast boxes, well-being garden, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
• Free annual flu jab
• Free use of the on-site gym
• Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
OFSTED graded the school outstanding in all areas and commented “Students have outstanding attitudes to learning and take a pride in their work”. Our students are happy, well behaved and make excellent progress.
Full details of the post and more information on our school can also be viewed on our website www.whitmore.harrow.sch.uk
Completed application forms must be submitted by the closing date – Monday 27th September at 9.00am.
Early applications are encouraged – we may interview candidates as they apply and hence we reserve the right to interview early for this post should a suitable candidate apply.
Whitmore High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all staff are expected to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and pre-employment checks.
Whitmore High School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years