If you're looking for a School where the safety, happiness and future opportunities for all our learners is at the heart of everything we do, then Guru Nanak Sikh Academy is the School for you. Whether it be for our staff or students, our aim is to support everyone to deliver and develop to be at their best. We take our responsibility for educating young people very seriously. We put Teaching and Learning alongside student progress and staff development at the heart of all we do.
Your future learning environment was opened in 1993 Guru Nanak Sikh College at the request of the community by our founder Sant Baba Amar Singh Ji. His vision is that through education we can eradicate poverty and ignorance. The Academy is dedicated to educating and supporting students and staff to better their outcomes and continue lifelong learning by "providing an outstanding learning environment which challenges us all, staff and pupils, to achieve our full potential and to share our successes, knowledge and skills with the local, national and global community". (Mr R. Sandhu - Executive Principal).
The Academy is an oversubscribed all through Academy in Hayes, Hillingdon. It currently has a 6 form of entry in the Secondary Phase with a Sixth Form and 2 form of entry in the Primary Phase. Due to the growing needs of the curriculum, we are looking for an enthusiastic Teacher of RE for September 2020.
At GNSA, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, positive and innovative teacher to join a welcoming and vibrant RE team. The ideal applicant will have a spark and passion for RE and would instill a love of this fascinating subject within their pupils. Both the RE department and the Academy are committed to developing the teaching of RE and welcome candidates to join us during this exciting time.
At our Academy, we promote the values of the Sikh community: serving others, humility, achievement, respect and equality. We are a school which has perfected the balance between our British heritage and the Sikh ethos. As a result, we welcome staff from a range of backgrounds and faiths to join our vibrant and inclusive environment.
If you are interested in investing in your future and that of our future generations, then this is the School for you.
We can offer you the following:
• Staff well-being;
• Perkbox available for GNSA staff with over 100's of perks / discounts available.
• Strong community spirit,
• Vibrant mixed staff,
• Positive student staff relationships,
• Staff social events organised,
• Staff fitness club, discounted Panthers Health Club & Gym membership,
• Great results in a supportive environment;
• Strong Academic history,
• Positive student and staff relationships,
• Clear ‘SHARE’ vision and values that promote academic and personal success and well-being,
• Staff training, recognition and succession planning;
• Certified CPD online course programmes with access to a wide variety of training and qualifications,
• Great succession planning and career pathways prospects,
• Great transport links; Onsite parking, 10 minutes drive to Heathrow or M25, 15 Minutes walk to Southall Cross Rail Station,