Since its opening in 2003 as the second 11-19 school in the, now six-strong, Emmanuel Schools Foundation, The King’s Academy has made exceptional provision for students in Coulby Newham and the surrounding areas of south Middlesbrough. The vision of the Emmanuel Schools Foundation is to provide excellence in academic achievement for students of all abilities within a biblical Christian framework that allows for personal, spiritual, moral and social development. Provision is fully inclusive with a highly diverse intake, valuing all students and staff equally.
We require an enthusiastic graduate qualified to teach RE at KS3 and KS4, with the potential and ability to also teach A level Religious Education. The ability to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and to consistently teach inspirational lessons within this highly committed department is essential.
If you believe you have the vision and commitment to work in an Academy which seeks to raise achievement, setting consistently high standards for yourself and your students, please do contact us.
There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post-holder should be a committed and practising Christian.
We can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
• Competitive salaries and pay progression
• Access to extensive professional development opportunities
• Generous pension schemes
• Free, good quality, lunches
• Competitive terms and conditions of employment
To arrange an informal visit, please call Recruitment on 01642 577 577 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on Monday, 25 November 2019.
Interview date: w/c Monday, 25 November 2019.
The King’s Academy, Middlesbrough (by North York Moors National Park, and commutable from York, Newcastle, Northallerton, Durham, Ripon, Richmond, Thirsk)
- Distinct Christian ethos, with highly diverse intake
- Strong track record of students’ achievement at all stages
- Excellent student behaviour throughout the Academy
- Focus on ‘character first’ education
- Large and expanding Sixth Form
- Unique inclusion policy: specialist provision (c.10% of entry) for visual and hearing impairment and higher learning needs
- Superb opportunities for CPD and rapid career progression
The King’s Academy takes its responsibility for safeguarding children very seriously and successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.