Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH
Contract term: Part time 19.46 hours (0.6 FTE)
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13. Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a skilful and committed Teacher of RE to cover maternity leave in an outstanding department.
You will have the skills necessary to teach Religious Education across key stages 3 and 4. This is an opportunity to contribute to the success and excellence of a popular and well- supported subject area.
What we need:
- A passion for Religious Education as an academic discipline
- The ability to teach the subject to GCSE
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- Low-cost membership to an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to a popular and high-achieving department within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com. Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal to the address above.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Thursday 26 September 2019.