We are looking to appoint a teacher of Religious Education to our dedicated, supportive and ambitious RE department. We are looking for someone who is committed to securing high standards and has evidence of outstanding teaching.
As a teacher of Religious Education you will be passionate about your subject and about improving the life chances of your pupils through consistently outstanding provision and practice. We are looking for an individual who can motivate, challenge and inspire all our pupils, irrespective of background or ability, to be the best that they can be.
This would be an ideal opportunity for someone seeking their first RE teaching role; equally, the post would offer excellent opportunities for more experienced teachers who are looking to develop and enhance their professional expertise.
Holy Family has undergone a period of transition and is keen to build and develop upon the energy, vision and commitment shown by the new Headteacher since September 2018. The leadership team have a focused strategy aiming to take the school towards a Good status by December 2019 and this is an excellent opportunity for you to be a part of the rapid improvement that has already taken place.
The successful candidate will:
- Be supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
- Model our values and help us to develop outstanding “Catholic Character Education”
- Be a consistently good teacher with the potential to be outstanding
- Have a passion for the teaching and learning of Religious Education
- Be committed to raising of standards across Key Stage 3 and 4
- Be able to inspire pupils to achieve their full potential in RE
In return we can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a successful, genuinely inclusive school with an excellent reputation
- A positive and progressive working environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to learn and develop your teaching abilities, an excellent springboard onto further opportunities
If you are excited by challenges, can work effectively as part of a team and are dedicated to making a tangible difference to the lives of the young people with whom you work, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
For full details, to discuss the role or to request an application pack, please Mrs J Lemm, Clerk to the Governors on email@example.com or by telephone on 01405 860276.
We welcome visits from potential candidates - please contact Mrs Lemm to arrange this.
The closing date for this post is Monday 17 June at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held Friday 21 June 2019.
We reserve the right to close vacancies early if we have sufficient suitable applications. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit an application as soon as possible.
The Holy Family Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance. Holy Family Catholic High School is an Equal Opportunities employer.