Teacher of RE
Required from January 2019
Temporary to 31 August 2019
Closing date: 9am Monday 12 November 2018
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic Teacher of RE to join a well- established department in one of the most successful schools in the city. Woodkirk Academy has a very strong academic record in RE and the RE department take pride in working as a cohesive team to support and challenge each other to deliver a high quality provision.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- A degree, or equivalent experience, with a teaching qualification
- The potential to teach outstanding lessons across the 11-18 age range
- The drive and passion to create a harmonious classroom environment that will allow students to flourish
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to further the department
- Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
- A firm understanding of key national and educational policies and issues
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- A clear commitment to improving your own performance through effective continuous professional development
This post is suited to a Newly Qualified or experienced Teacher.For Newly Qualified Teachers, the school is able to offer excellent support and mentoring for new entrants to the profession.
Woodkirk Academy is a high performing, successful, well established, fully comprehensive, co-educational 11-18 maintained Academy. We have a proud record in academic, intellectual, social and sporting, musical, dramatic and community developments. Our latest Ofsted report noted a ‘passion and commitment to continuous improvement’ and that ‘leadership at all levels is focused on the progress of pupils.’
Woodkirk enjoys an excellent reputation as an employer and our ethos and working practices are well regarded. We take pride in looking after staff and supporting everyone in their roles in order to deliver excellent education to our students.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.woodkirkacademy.co.uk or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews for the role will be held on Wednesday 14 November and candidates can view selection day information on our website.
Applicants are welcome to visit the Academy prior to application. Please contact Sally Adkin, HR Assistant at email@example.com to arrange a convenient time and date.
All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, two references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS), medical clearance and provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of qualifications.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Completed application forms can be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post addressed to the Principal Mrs J Barton.