Do you want to join a successful and enthusiastic department who aims to teach an engaging and challenging curriculum? If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Teacher of Religious Education at this outstanding Catholic school.
St Wilfrid's Catholic School is:
- a high achieving and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 940 students.
- a school that wants to be the very best it can be.
- a school where everyone is valued and supported.
- a strong community based on mutual respect.
- a welcoming and productive place.
Our RE Department:
- is fully staffed by passionate, caring and hardworking specialist teachers.
- is forward thinking and fully resourced.
- has an excellent reputation with our students.
- is open to innovation and change.
- has a growing number of students choosing Philosophy & Ethics at A Level.
- works closely with our Chaplaincy team to ensure that we facilitate deeper spiritual development for our students.
If you want to work in a school “where every member of the school community is valued and is treated with dignity and respect” and where everyone (students and staff) is supported to be the best they can be, then this is the school for you. Please click on this link to get a flavour of St Wilfrid’s: https://youtu.be/gYoj4Zfsa4E
This is a school that wants to be the very best it can be. Do you want to be part of that? This post would suit anyone who is passionate about RE, both as a subject and a way of life, whether you are a NQT or an experienced teacher who wants to join a school where there may be future opportunities for career progression.
The strength of community at St Wilfrid’s is a strong one based upon mutual respect. The staff work incredibly hard and are prepared to go the extra mile for the students in their charge. Our students are amazing and they contribute enormously to making the school such a welcoming and productive place. Our most recent Section 48 Diocesan Report (October 2017) and our Ofsted Report (January 2018) certainly reinforce this aspect of school life.
All potential applicants are invited and encouraged to arrange a visit – we firmly believe you won’t be disappointed. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Sarah Gildea on 01293 425185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Application forms and details about the post are attached and should include a maximum of 2 pages of supporting statement. Although we are a Catholic school we serve a diverse community and, as such, a number of our staff are not Catholic. Applications will be considered from both Catholics and non-Catholics alike.
The closing date given is a guide only and you are encouraged to submit your application form by email as soon as possible. There may be occasions where we will close a vacancy and interview once sufficient applications have been received.
The school is strongly committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People. The successful applicant shall be required to undertake an enhanced CRB disclosure and other recruitment checks.
Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check at an Enhanced level.