The Petchey Academy - Teacher of Religious Studies
Closing Date: 6th Dec 2017
Salary: Main Scale Plus performance related bonuses
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: Jan/April 2018 or As soon as possible
Do you want to work in an academy where “people just love coming to work”? (Investors in People GOLD 2014)
Located in the heart of Hackney, working in partnership with the local community and feeder schools within in the borough, The Petchey Academy has been awarded a Good rating by Ofsted with an Outstanding for Leadership and Management. The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspiring and enthusiastic Religious Studies teacher to join The Petchey Academy. We are looking for a candidate who is committed to maintaining the high standards set within The Petchey Academy. The successful candidate will have relevant experience, knowledge and understanding of teaching Religious Studies up to KS5
The successful candidate will have:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· The ability to teach RS KS3-5
· The ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results,
· The ability to enthuse students with a love of Religion, Philosophy and Ethics
· Excellent classroom management skills
· Excellent organisational and ICT skills
· The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackneys thriving community.
· Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
· Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy.
· An excellent benefits package
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you. .
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)