Contract Type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Grade: MPS / UPS
Required: Easter 2020
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring teacher of religious studies to join the department who is able to meet the criteria below:
• A well-qualified teacher of Religious Studies who can inspire and engage young people (QTS is essential)
• The ability to teach Religious Studies at KS3 and KS4. Ability to teach KS5 is not essential.
• A commitment to high standards of achievement with a proven track record of excellent results
• The ability to motivate students, with an innovative approach to classroom practice
• A collaborative approach to teamwork, including willingness to contribute to departmental schemes of work and the spreading of good practice
• Excellent organisational and IT skills
• A passion for excellence and for the subject
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHCE.
Northallerton School & Sixth Form College is an 11-18 school which has approximately 1,022 students (with 129 in the Sixth Form). We have a comprehensive intake, drawing students from the market town of Northallerton and its many surrounding villages.
It is an exciting time to join the school as we became an academy and joined Areté Learning Trust in September 2019. We would welcome applications from colleagues who wish to join us on our journey as we continue to build on our strengths and progress of recent years.
We are keen to welcome you as part of our staff team, as we all work together to make this school the very best it can be.
For further information and a full application pack please visit the School Website (https://www.northallertonschool.org.uk/).
You would be most welcome to visit our school, please contact Sarah Boreham on 01609 773340 ext. 227 to arrange a suitable time.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 24th February 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 26th February 2020
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org