ABOUT OVERNEWTON COLLEGE
Overnewton Anglican Community College strives to be an inclusive learning community, providing a respectful environment where students aspire to excellence in a broad range of curricular and co-curricular opportunities. We value our Christian foundation, and the importance of parents as active members of our College family, as we work together, endeavoring to prepare each of our students to be mentally, physically and spiritually ready for life.
Information about Overnewton College is available on the College website: www.overnewton.vic.edu.au.
It is expected that all staff will support the Christian ethos of an Anglican school, innately believe that students are at the beginning and centre of all decisions in a school, be IT literate and be willing to participate in our co-curricular program.
Position Title: Teacher of Religious Studies
Campus: Yirramboi Campus, Keilor
Position Type: Contract to end of 2021
Direct Report: Head of Senior School and Head of Religious Studies
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated professionals for the position of teacher of Religious Studies at our Yirramboi Campus in Keilor, commencing 19 April, 2021 or as soon as possible after that date.
The position may be part-time or full-time (combined with other subjects) and may include pastoral care responsibilities in Senior School. Details will be discussed with shortlisted applicants.
- Plan, prepare and teach programs to achieve specific student outcomes.
- Collaborate with colleagues to engage in critical reflection and inquiry in order to improve knowledge and skills to effectively engage students and improve their learning.
- Provide effective pastoral care to students as a subject teacher and/or Mentor.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Head of Senior School, Deputy Head of Senior School, Head of Faculty, Deputy Principal or Principal.
Senior School Teachers will be expected to have:
- Enthusiasm for the ethos of the College, and a sense of excitement about learning for themselves as well as for their students.
- Detailed knowledge of Australian Curriculum and VCE requirements as relevant to the position.
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching at relevant levels.
- Well-developed classroom management and communication skills, combined with an ability to engage students.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the social, relational, attitudinal, physical and cognitive development of students of the relevant age-groups.
- Skills in negotiating the curriculum, managing group work and catering for a wide range of interests, learning styles and abilities.
- An ability to incorporate information and communication technologies as an integral part of curriculum.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships with students, colleagues and parents.
- Capacity to use analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes.
- Support for and capacity to develop and maintain a positive tone and a classroom culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and College Values.
- Ongoing commitment to professional learning in the current theories and methodologies in academic performance and student well-being.
- Collaborative and proactive approaches to handling day to day matters.
- Willingness to contribute to Assemblies and Chapel Services.
- Relevant Skills, Knowledge and Experiences:
- Previous experience teaching VCE Religious Studies essential.
- Bachelor of Education or equivalent.
- Relevant qualifications at a Post Graduate level will be highly regarded.
Conditions of Employment:
- All teachers will hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT).
- It is expected that all staff will support the Christian ethos of an Anglican school.
- Overnewton College is an equal opportunity employer and enforces non-discrimination and safe working policies. All staff must be aware of and able to work within Occupational Health and Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity Legislation. The College’s campuses are smoke free.
- Overnewton College has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing child safety, children’s well-being and protecting children from abuse. Ministerial order 870 requires Overnewton College to implement child safety standards and to accommodate and take the needs of all children (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, children with disabilities and children who are vulnerable) into account when creating a child safe environment. All staff must comply with Overnewton College’s Child Safe policies and related policies and procedures and taking all reasonable steps to promote the safety of children.
Selection Process: A preliminary short list of applicants will be prepared and first-round interviews conducted by a panel. Final appointments are made by the Principal or delegate. Details of employment conditions can be discussed with the Principal or delegate at final interview.
Application Process: All applicants are required to complete the appropriate application form. Applications for teaching positions which do not include evidence of registration or evidence of an application for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teachers (VIT) will not be considered.
Written applications addressing the key responsibilities and key qualities should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be acknowledged by email. If acknowledgement of your application has not been received after two working days, please contact Natalie Dedman (Ph: 9334 0115)
In the first instance, further enquiries about this position should be directed to the Head of Human Resources, Di Nunan (Ph: 9334 0147)
APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED UPON RECEIPT
Overnewton Anglican Community College
Vision: A community of Learners Embracing the Future
Mission: Overnewton Anglican Community College strives to be an inclusive learning environment with a strong Christian foundation. We value a respectful environment where students, staff and families, working together, aspire to excellence. Broad educational opportunities prepare students to serve as empowered, thoughtful, community-minded citizens.
Values: Overnewton’s Christian foundation binds and informs our values. All members of the community are encouraged to grow spiritually and explore their faith.
COMMUNITY: We are proud to belong to the Overnewton community, doing our best to contribute positively, within and beyond it. The Overnewton community includes students, staff and families, both past and present. The educational and ethical standards that are promoted have a profound effect in the wider community.
LEARNING: We are all lifelong learners, helping each other in our journey towards greater knowledge, understanding and wisdom.
RESPECT: We respect ourselves, our environment and the people who are part of our past and our present. We acknowledge the right of everyone to equality of opportunity and forgiveness for mistakes.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to excel in our learning, our work, our relationships and our play, making the most of every opportunity we are given.
Website Information about Overnewton College is available on the College website: www.overnewton.vic.edu.au.
Overnewton Anglican Community College - Yirramboi Campus
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
Overnewton Anglican Community College is a two-campus, co-educational, Prep to Year 12 educational facility, located in the north-western Melbourne suburbs of Taylors Lakes and Keilor, in the state of Victoria. The College had its origins at the Keil...