Teacher of Humanities, Religious Studies, History & Geography
We have a great opportunity for a self-motivated Teacher of Humanities, Religious Studies, History & Geography to join our wonderful Department. The Stockwood Park Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs.
A Teacher with the enthusiasm and passion for your subjects, you will be required to teach across KS3 and KS4 to the whole range of student abilities. The Stockwood Park Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. We welcome applications from NQTs who are embarking on starting their teaching career and from more experienced colleagues.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Stockwood Park Academy!
· Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
· Be an aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
· To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
· To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
The successful candidate will have
· A ‘can do’ attitude, and a commitment to inclusive education.
· NQTs welcome with mentor support from a hard-working team.
· Good behaviour management skills and good understanding of the Religious Studies curriculum and KS3 and KS4.
· The ability to teach History and Geography as well would be an advantage. Religious Studies is the main subject.
· Resilience and the ability to work as part of a team and undertake pastoral duties as part of a year team.
Start date September 2021
Salary MPS / UPS - £25,714 to £41,604 (dependent on experience)
Job Role Permanent, Full-time
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
The Stockwood Park Academy
Luton, by Stockwood Park Golf Club and Luton Rugby Club
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years