Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged.
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider part-time applications.
If you are not familiar with Oxfordshire, we would recommend that you take a look at: Living in Oxfordshire - Information for Teachers
We are seeking to appoint a skilled, ambitious and innovative teacher to join a successful and progressive RE Department, within the Humanities Faculty. We are a strong team which values working with young people and promoting students’ lasting enthusiasm for RE. We would welcome a team player who is keen to work and plan collaboratively and contribute to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- are passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement;
- have the determination to provide high quality classroom teaching;
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students;
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas;
- have the interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate colleagues and students;
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Judy Gleen, Head of Humanities, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment is on Teacher Main Scale or Upper Pay scale depending on experience.
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan, with a preferred start date of Easter 2018.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below.
In addition to your application form please email a letter of application, detailing reasons for your interest in this post and your relevant skills and experience to: email@example.com
Closing date: 8am, Thursday 15 March 2018.
Interviews on: Tuesday, 20 March 2018.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.