We are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full-time (part-time or job share would be considered) Teacher of Science from January 2018. A recruitment allowance will be considered for an appropriately experienced teacher who has the right skills and attributes.
We have recently been rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and are a rapidly improving coeducational 11-16 Community School with 600 students. Joining us, you will teach across the age and ability range and make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school.
To be successful, you will be:
- an excellent classroom practitioner;
- able to demonstrate success in teaching Key Stages 3 and 4 to students of all abilities;
- committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students;
- able to create a stimulating learning environment to promote exceptional progress;
- passionate about teaching and learning and your own professional development;
- able to make a significant contribution to the development of the Science Faculty.
- you will receive excellent support from the Science Faculty and the Senior Leadership Team, including our ambitious new Headteacher;
- "The recent improvements in the school have increased staff morale. High-quality training and development for all staff is effective.” (Ofsted, May 2017);
- “Staff feel proud of their school and their contribution to pupils’ academic and personal development.” (Ofsted, May 2017);
- you will have the opportunity to innovate and develop your professional skills;
- you will have the chance to be part of a dedicated team committed to improved outcomes for our students, who “enjoy school and are proud to wear the uniform and be part of what they call the ‘#YellowArmy’. They recognise and welcome the recent improvements to the school, commenting very favourably to inspectors about the changes they see.” (Ofsted, May 2017).
If you are an enthusiastic teacher with the desire to make a real difference for our students, we would like to hear from you.
We welcome applications from talented NQTs who will benefit from high-quality induction support.
For full details and an application form, please visit our website: http://www.brightonhill.hants.sch.uk/bhcspagecat.php?subcat=Vacancies
Closing date: Midday on Wednesday, 25th October 2017.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and other employment checks.