MPR/UPR (Outer London)
'Staff are positive about the future of the school and agree with the
changes. This is no small feat and is testament to the leadership' Ofsted 2018
Career development recruitment incentives:
- TLRs are available for suitable candidates
- Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML, Teaching Leaders
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 3 year career pathway rather than just a Teaching post
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal to discuss the above and shape the next 3 years of your career, thus this post is suitable for both teachers in their early stages of their career and experienced teachers.
Bexleyheath Academy is an 11-19 academy of 1600 students situated in the London borough of Bexley. We are within easy access of the Dartford crossing and Blackwall tunnel and only 30 minutes from central London on the train. We are an inclusive school at the heart of our community.
Since our last full inspection in May 2016 we have had a change in leadership and in January 2018 we welcomed our new Principal Dan Steel. Much hard work has already been undertaken including embedding a new curriculum, re-modelling pastoral structures and ensuring that all members of the academy community understand the vision of ‘making our best better’. We believe that whilst there remains much to do the academy is now well placed to quickly move towards our aim of being a 'good' school.
Morale is high and plans are in place for good and outstanding teaching and learning and positive attitudes to behaviour to become further embedded.
Our three main challenges moving forward are continuing to embed the highest expectations of all members of our learning community, delivering challenge and pace in the classroom and ensuring that all of our developmental work is underpinned by quality assurance with accountability. You will play a key role in this and will work closely with our talented and committed teams of leaders at middle and senior levels.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about Science
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
- An opportunity to join us as a teacher and be developed to become either a subject or pastoral specialist.
- A commitment to further developing you as a teacher and future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- A commitment to facilitate your networking through Bexley Local Authority
- Purposeful and ready to learn students who will make you proud to be a teaching professional
We welcome visits to the Academy, to see the school in action and discuss the post. To book an appointment please contact Carla Golding HR Manager email@example.com
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, Local Government pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
This position is required September 2018. Interviews will take place as and when convenient.
Closing date: Friday 25 May 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please click on the 'quick apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.