Full time or part time • Permanent post from January 2018 (April & September will be considered)
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed teacher of Science from January 2018 (April & September will be considered), on a full time, permanent basis. Applications will also be considered from those seeking part time employment.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be “Outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted in November 2013. Progress 8 results place us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
You will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
- Excellent organisational and ICT skills
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A passion for Science and the ability to share this with young people
- The ability to teach all sciences up to GCSE
- The ability to teach one of the three sciences to A Level.
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application, we also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates.
An application form and further details may be downloaded from the “Work at The Weald” page (Teaching Vacancies) on our website www.theweald.org.uk or requested by email from firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 10am, Wednesday 22 November 2017.
Please note that applications will be considered as they are received by the school and you are therefore advised to submit your application as early as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to equality of opportunity. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants