Position: Teacher of Science
Apply by: 18th June 2018
Contract term: Full time
Job start: 1st September 2018
School Visits: Please contact Julian Wigley at the Academy (0121 289 3944)
Interview: Week beginning 25th June 2018
CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its four CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading education and business leaders. The Trust works with high profile partners, Birmingham City Football Club, the Tennis Foundation and The Birmingham Rep. Theinghamnis Foundation and Theesponsibilityatre.
Jewellery Quarter Academy (JQA) opened in 2014. It puts the education and learning experience of students at the heart of everything. As a result, it is a successful, growing, over-subscribed inner city school. For further information about the academy, please visit the website.
We are looking to appoint two qualified Science teachers. Applications from NQT’s are welcomed. If you are considering the Assessment only Route, please contact Julian Wigley prior to submitting an application.
This position requires:
· The ability to consistently teach high quality lessons in key stages 3 and 4
· Confidence to be innovative and creative in the classroom
· The determination to drive rapid student progress across a full range of abilities
· A passion for Science and ability to motivate and enthuse students to learn
· A team player who wants to contribute to broader life at JQA
· Personal ambition and the desire to develop as a professional
· An excellent role model for our students
For an informal discussion and / or tour, please contact Julian Wigley at the Academy (0121 289 3944)
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.