(A recruitment and retention allowance, and/or relocation allowance, is available for outstanding candidates)
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is a high performing 14-19 academy specialising in Creative, Digital and Performing Arts. The academy opened in September 2011 and has over 1050 students (320 at KS4 and 730 at Post 16). BOA is 100% selective, based on aptitude, and is unique in its admissions criteria. Whilst students have talent in their chosen arts subjects, there is a full range of academic ability.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, confident and enthusiastic teacher to plan, prepare and deliver lessons in Science. This role is suitable for an NQT or an experienced Science teacher. A full induction package and CPD opportunities are offered to help develop your teaching practice.
All BOA students are selected through aptitude in their chosen arts specialism and will follow either a Creative, Digital or Performing Arts pathway. All students follow Core Science and Additional Science at GCSE. We also offer A-level Biology as an option choice at KS5.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
- Qualified teacher status and a degree
- A strong track record as an outstanding teacher of Science or the ability to demonstrate you are developing outstanding practice if an NQT
- A passion for Science which is evident in their day to day classroom practice
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage projects
- Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- The ability to guide students’ academic, personal and professional development, as a tutor, in accordance with the academy’s guidelines and procedures
- An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education within a world class academy. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 26th June 2017.
You can also visit www.hays.co.uk/jobs/boa for more information
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Contact: Alison Clements
Tel: 0121 236 4476