About the role: Corelli College have an exciting opportunity for a Teacher of Science to join our established and successful team. We deem this to be a great position on the basis that;
- Behaviour for learning has recently been rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- We have a friendly and supportive team who go the extra mile and truly work collegiately
- We work within state of the art laboratories
- Our department is very well-resourced with practical equipment
- Future investment will be made in ICT facilities across the academy in 2018-2019
- Our dynamic Head of Department is committed to professionally developing his staff to eventually lead teams of their own in the near future
- We strive for outstanding practice so that you can improve your own teaching, and subsequently the progress and outcomes of your students
Our key aims as a department over the coming academic year is to improve outcomes further at GCSE level, and the improve engagement and AFL in the classroom – newly appointed teachers will be pivotal in working with us to achieve this. We currently offer Year 12 BTEC therefore a familiarisation with BTEC Level 2 and 3 is desirable but not essential.
We can be flexible on the start date based on our successful candidate's current commitments;
- April 2018 start - For those available after the Easter break
- June/July 2018 start - For current Student Teachers looking to secure a role for the next academic year to begin their NQT year
- September 2018 start - For those committed to their current school for the remainder of this academic year, looking for a new adventure next year
Working for Corelli College: Corelli College is a well-established Inner London academy, constantly growing and expanding to suit the needs of the local area that we serve, providing an education for over 1,150 students on a daily basis. We are fortunate to have diverse and vibrant staff and student cohorts alike and we play upon the strengths of the individuals that form our successful academy. We are a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected and trusted, where we all work together and achieve and celebrate success. Students thrive within a culture of high aspiration, with no cap on ambition, building the skills to lead healthy, happy and successful lives.
Currently working closely with Leigh Academies Trust with a view to becoming a fully integrated member in Spring 2018, Corelli College have recently appointed a highly experienced, skilful and very well respected leader in the education sector – John Dixon – who joined us in the role of Principal from January 2018. With the established wider leadership team and committed staff that we are fortunate to have at Corelli College, we are confident in our aim to bring about rapid and sustained improvements year on year and our staff workforce are pivotal to that.
According to our most recent Ofsted report, “Pupils’ personal development and welfare are strong. Pupils express eloquent support for the college, praising their teachers and the diversity of the community.” Here at Corelli College you will find “…an absolute commitment for rapid improvement from all leaders and governors” (June 2016).
Our successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A passion for Science and a resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- A resilient mind-set with an open minded and determined approach to achieving success
- High levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- Good behaviour management skills and the ability to inspire and develop students in order to raise standards both academically and personally to maximise their potential
In return, we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid and sustained improvements year on year
- A multicultural and diverse environment with students who are keen to learn and make rapid progress
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and committed to each other’s professional development
- Excellent CPD opportunities and a commitment to developing your professional practice, at whatever stage you are in your career
- Opportunities to be creative; to share and develop new ideas to inspire our students
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.