Smithills Dean Road, Bolton BL1 6JS
Tel: 01204 842382 Fax: 01204 467201
“Academic Excellence. Rich in Opportunity”
11-16 Mixed Comprehensive NOR: 900
Principal: Mr Mike Sidebottom
Teacher of Science to Cover a Maternity Leave - 12 Months
Start date: 18th March 2019
The Science Department is committed to achieving an engaging and academically enriching learning experience that delivers outstanding pupil progress. We are seeking a well-qualified, enthusiastic and talented teacher to enthuse and inspire our students with passion for their subject. Our new colleague will join a team of 9 enthusiastic and successful Science teachers supported by 3 excellent technicians.
If you are:
• A dynamic classroom practitioner with a clear sense of purpose and high expectations.
• A flexible and creative teacher able to inspire and enthuse.
• A science teacher committed to excellence.
· An excellent environment for learning.
· Great sport facilities including pool and gym, with a well-kept campus set in beautiful surroundings to the north of Bolton.
· Delightful, ambitious, caring and well-motivated students with a strong work ethic.
· An experienced and expert team of year leaders, tutors and support staff.
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Smithills is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Please return application forms electronically to Mrs L Muller at HR@smithillsschool.net
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing date for applications: 12noon on Monday 21st January 2019