The successful candidate will be joining a vibrant learning community that will offer fantastic opportunities for professional development and will fully prepare the successful candidate for the next step in their career. You will have the drive and determination needed to ensure that your students make the very best of the opportunities offered to them and who can support our educational vision of maximising the potential of all our students.
If you are:
• A dynamic classroom practitioner with a clear sense of purpose and high expectations
• A flexible and creative teacher able to inspire and enthuse
• A science teacher committed to excellence
• Dedicated to your own professional development
We can offer:
• An excellent environment for learning
• Great facilities in a large well-kept campus set in beautiful surroundings to the north of Bolton. We look out onto the Pennine moors and are bordered on two sides by woodland.
• Delightful, ambitious, caring and well-motivated students with a strong work ethic
• An experienced and expert team of year leaders, tutors and support staff
• Free gym membership in our state of the art sport centre and use of the school’s swimming pool
Smithills was a Specialist Performing Arts College for ten years and our commitment to Performance, Music and Art remains as strong as ever. Our World Championship bands continue to captivate audiences both in this country and abroad. Academic excellence is, however, at the heart of everything we do and we are achieving that without damaging the extraordinarily rich opportunities our students have here.
Bolton is ideally situated within easy commute to Manchester and Liverpool, with the Lake District is only an hour's drive away.
Smithills School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Further details and application forms available from the school’s website: www.smithillsschool.net