The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Teacher of Science. This role at Thomas Middlecott Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About the role
To be an effective teacher (and tutor) who supports and challenges all students to achieve their full potential
Term time, permanent role.
Salary & Benefits
· UPS1 - £35,927pa
· Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
· A good degree in a specialist subject teaching qualification
· Nationally recognized teaching qualification
· The skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to teach across Key Stages 3-5
· A very good classroom teacher, demonstrating ability to innovate
· Understanding of current curriculum issues in relation to teaching subject/s
· Able to show evidence of the use of technology in teaching and learning
· Be flexible and responsive to a changing educational environment
· Contribute to whole school initiatives
· Committed to working co-operatively with young people; able to communicate sensitively, imaginatively and effectively with them
· Able to create a team ethos across a team
· Able to motivate and encourage problem solving
· Able to communicate effectively with parents to represent the Academy positively and feedback information as appropriate
· Able to seek and understand development opportunities for self and others
· Committed to career progression and own professional development
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter via our website.
Thomas Middlecott Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.