Sandhurst School is a caring, inclusive and well-ordered community. Our aim is to provide all students with the opportunity to succeed, with a strong emphasis on achievement, encouragement and development of skills and qualities to be active, accomplished, knowledgeable, caring and self-sufficient in tomorrow’s ever changing world.
Required from January 2022 – permanent or temporary
Teacher of Science
Applicants with a Physics specialism would be preferred (although strong candidates with any specialism will be considered).
An allowance for a position of responsibility may also be available for a suitable candidate.
Are you a committed science teacher with high expectations, a passion for teaching and an ability to enthuse students?
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher to join and contribute to the success of a committed and enthusiastic Science department.
● are committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can
● have a passion for Science
● can raise attainment in Science through outstanding teaching and learning
● are willing to become involved in the extra-curricular Science activities at the school
then we would love to hear from you.
There is an excellent ECT induction programme in place and we would welcome applications from ECTs.
Our staff are highly committed and we have a strong and positive school ethos.
Teachers' Student Loan Reimbursement
Bracknell Forest is one of the few areas in the South East and the only one in the Thames Valley able to offer eligible teachers the opportunity to apply for the reimbursement of their student loan repayments - please see attached for further information.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged, please contact Claire Read, PA to Headteacher on 01344 775678 or email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Applicants may be invited to interview before the closing date, therefore please take the opportunity to apply as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the advert early should the right candidate apply.
In November 2017 Ofsted reported that:
● “The Headteacher, leaders and governors are committed to improving pupils’ life chances.”
● “Pupils’ conduct is typically good and they treat one another with respect.”
● “Pupils feel safe and are kept safe”
● “Pupils are well looked after and are provided with the opportunity to succeed”
● “Strong relationships exist between staff and pupils”
Sandhurst School challenges, supports and inspires every individual to achieve their best; a sense of belonging is encouraged, responsibility is shared and everyone is valued.
Sandhurst is a maintained 11-18 mixed comprehensive...