Dixons City Academy is a much sought after Centre of excellence serving the whole community of Bradford. As the original Dixons high-performing school, we take a central role in the Dixons Multi-Academy Trust. Our Trust has a great local and national reputation. We currently offer 825 places for 11-16-year-old students plus 280 at Post 16. Science is an incredibly popular subject and many of our students go on to study it at top universities. This is an unusual opportunity to join an optimistic school with a ‘can-do attitude.
We can offer you:
- A vibrant and diverse environment with supportive and professional staff
- Positive and polite students. Ofsted graded us ‘outstanding’ for Behaviour and Safety in 2014
- Supportive parents who are behind the school’s vision (one of the most over-subscribed schools in the country)
- A school with a strong moral purpose (see our vision statement)
- A truly values-driven academy where everyone is committed to making a difference
- The opportunity to join a high performing Academy focused on learning
- An excellent CPD programme and opportunities for all staff within and across the Trust
- The chance to be part of a successful and highly committed Science Department
- The experience or working with highly-experienced specialists with a love of their subject
- The opportunity to be supported and developed as an effective A level teacher
- A highly-visible Senior Leadership Team who believe in support and challenge in equal measure and see staff wellbeing as vital for all to be the best they can be
The successful candidate will be:
- committed to the vision and ethos of the Academy and working within a diverse community
- an aspirant teacher with the desire to be the best they can be
- a life-long learner, constantly reflecting upon and improving their delivery and subject knowledge
- able to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential and have the belief that all children can make outstanding progress
- determined to make a difference to the lives’ of our young people
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to provide a current DBS certificate via the Update Service or undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the academy.
More information about the post and a downloadable application form can be found on our website: .
All potential applicants are welcome to attend the Academy for an opportunity to learn more about the academy and the role. Please contact the HR Administrator on 01274 750155 with any queries and to confirm if you would like a tour of the school on Friday 13th October 2017.
Closing date for applications: 8.00am on Wednesday the 18th of October Interviews / selection will be on Friday the 20th of October.
The Principal is available for an informal conversation tours on Friday the 13th between 4pm and 6pm.