Teacher of Science
To start September 2018
“Educating the Women of Tomorrow”
Do you wish to teach at an Academy with excellent behaviour and an innovative modern environment?
Belle Vue Girls’ is a Specialist Academy for Languages, Science and Maths. We are a lively, happy and successful Academy with a strong commitment to learning and high quality education. When last inspected by Ofsted, Belle Vue Girls’ Academy was described as an Academy where “students’ progress places the Academy in the top 30% of all Academies in the country” (and in fact at 14% in the whole country.) It was also commented that the Academy was a place where “pupils talk about feeling safe and well cared for”.
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher with a passion for Science, a Biology specialist is desirable but not essential, to join a well-led, successful Science department. This is an exciting opportunity for an excellent teacher to further enhance the student provision in this popular and successful subject.
The role and responsibility includes:
• Providing high quality teaching throughout the school
• Raising student attainment
• Monitoring and reporting on student progress
• Undertaking the role of form tutor
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant experience of teaching Science across the age range in a comprehensive school
- Up-to-date teaching methodology
- An ability to work confidently within a team and communicate effectively
This post is suitable for NQTs or experienced teachers, equivalent to 314 days or full time.
For more information about the job role, the school and how to apply please contact Kate Murphy at Hays Education.
The closing date for applications to be returned is Thursday 19 April 2018.