A fantastic opportunity to work in a successful, oversubscribed school and use your passion for learning and teaching in Science to truly help young people. We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and aspirational teacher to join a dynamic, supportive and committed team.
Our vision is to make school memorable by striving for excellence, so we are looking for a talented, enthusiastic teacher who shares these values and wants to provide students with the best possible education whatever their background or ability.
Preston Manor is an all-through Co-operative School in the highly diverse London borough of Brent. We are a large learning community with students from ages 4-19 years old and our curriculum expands across six key stages. We achieve very strong academic results and are ready to move the whole school to outstanding.
The school is situated close to the exciting new London Designer Outlet and is a short 10 minute walk from Wembley Park and Preston Road Underground Stations and a 10 minute bus journey from North Wembley Station. It can be easily reached using the Metropolitan and Jubilee lines as well as the Bakerloo line and London Overground. Central London locations can be reached within 20 minutes from the School.
Approximately half of our students sit Separate Sciences at GCSE, and we have excellent uptake of Sciences at KS5. Expectations of student behaviour and learning are high across the school. The school has recently invested in outstanding digital learning and new technologies resources to support the further development of all subjects.
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
- be an excellent practitioner
- lead by example and act as a strong role model to students
- have a positive, can do attitude with staff and students
- be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
- motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious students
- a friendly and supportive team of teachers
- well-resourced facilities
- a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
- a commitment to professional development, including an excellent NQT induction programme
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
For further information and an application pack, email email@example.com, download from website www.preston-manor.com or click on the hyperlink http://www.preston-manor.com/page/?title=Job+Vacancies&pid=60 to direct you to the Preston Manor School Current Vacancies page.
Closing Date: noon Wednesday 30 November 2016
Preston Manor School is committed to the welfare and safety of its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.