Required January 2018
Main or Upper Pay Scale includes London Fringe Allowance (£1101) p.a.
2013 OFSTED Outstanding in all categories. "Students’ attitudes to learning are excellent. They come to school ready to learn and take a full and active role in the life of the school."
2017 St Martin’s School is the top mixed comprehensive school in Essex at GCSE.
2017 89% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both GCSE English and Maths.
A recruitment and retention allowance of up to £5000 p.a. for 3 years is available to experienced teachers or NQTs who show, on interview, they have the potential to be outstanding.
• Ability to teach A level highly desirable but not essential
• Average 25 students per class
• 60% of grades at A Level A* to B
• 81% Grade C/4 and above at GCSE
• Very popular: 1141 applications for 292 year 7 places
• All staff are provided with a school laptop
• Applications from NQTs are highly welcome
• Accelerated career progression available through the teachers’ main scale for experienced and/or outstanding teachers
• On-site subsidised accommodation currently available
Applications are equally welcome from experienced teachers or NQTs. Previous applicants need not apply
It is our policy to only recruit staff to permanent positions via a direct application, not through an agency placement
Application pack available from Mrs E Varty, H R Officer: 01277 238348 or
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding our students against radicalisation and extremism and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Wednesday 18 October 2017