Teacher of Science, Canterbury

Expiring today

The King's School International CollegeCanterbury

Date posted:
Start date: September 2019
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Undisclosed
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: Yes

The King’s School is a selective co-educational boarding and day school of 820 pupils in years 9-13. The school, dating back to 597 and situated in the heart of the historic Cathedral city of Canterbury in Kent, has an outstanding reputation as one of the country’s leading independent schools. 

The wider King’s family, which includes The Junior King’s School (360 pupils aged 3-12), in September 2018 opened its first purely International College in Canterbury, currently in existing King's buildings, but soon to move into purpose-built accommodation. The College can teach up to 80 international students in Years 8-11 with the aim of giving them a soft landing in the UK boarding tradition and sending them successfully onwards for the Sixth Form, 14+ or 13+ entrance. 

Applications are invited for the position of Teacher of Science. The starting date will be 1st September 2019. This is an exciting opportunity to help establish the College within both the King’s tradition and the global community. 

We seek to appoint an inspiring individual who is academically well-qualified to degree level and has excellent teaching and pastoral skills. The candidate will preferably have a strength in Physics and must be able to teach Mathematics to KS3.  A qualification and experience of EAL is advantageous, but not a necessity. To be successful, you must be in complete agreement with the King’s ethos, and have the fullest understanding of the academic, social and personal needs of today’s international teenager. 

Applications, including a CV and personal statement, should be addressed to the International Director, Mr Geoff Cocksworth, and be submitted online through the staff vacancies link at: www.international.kings-school.co.uk 

If you have any difficulties applying, please contact the HR Department: 01227 595733. 

Closing date: Friday, 18th January 2019.

The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.

The King's School, Canterbury is an educational charity - Registration No: 307942.

Job location

More about The King's School International College
Type: Mainstream School
Phase: Secondary
Funding status: Independent
Gender: Mixed
Age Range: 11 - 16 years
Address: The Precincts, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2ES, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 1227 818554

The King’s School Canterbury has been educating children of all ages since 597, though it actually acquired its Royal Charter in 1541. Its pupils are 70% British; the other 30% come from all over the world. However, with the international demand very...