Number on roll 1382 (with 203 in the Sixth Form)
Required for April 2022
Teacher of Science – MPS (possible TLR available for a suitable qualified candidate)
Applications are invited from enthusiastic teachers of Science who are looking to join a school committed to academic and pastoral excellence.
This full-time permanent post provides an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified and innovative teacher to join our team. You will be joining a friendly, thriving and collaborative department, where pupil progress and outcomes are central and teaching and learning supports achievement for all. Furthermore, Science subjects are a popular A Level choice within our Sixth Form.
Cardinal Newman Catholic School is a very successful 11-18 Catholic school set in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry.
The successful candidate will:
- Have high expectations and a positive outlook
- Be an outstanding class practitioner
- Be focused on maximising progress for every child through stretch and challenge
- Understand the importance of assessment, feedback and differentiation
- Support the ethos of Cardinal Newman Catholic School
What we can offer:
- A distinctive Catholic ethos that supports deep personal faith but also welcomes diversity and difference in beliefs and culture.
- A drive for success for all students
- A dedicated teaching and support staff that support students to achieve their maximum potential.
- High expectations that provide our young people with the opportunity to go onto universities as well as providing legitimate pathways into training, apprenticeships and other further education outlets.
- Continual professional development of all staff and opportunities for career development.
Completed application forms should be sent to Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA
Closing date for applications: 9am on Wednesday 8 December 2021
Sandpits Lane, Coventry, CV6 2FR Tel: 024 76332382
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Offer of a position is subject to receiving satisfactory references and enhanced DBS clearance.
LEADERSHIP TEAM AND GOVERNORS
- Ms O'Connor
- Ms Goodwin
- Ms Green
- Mr Courtney
- Mr Versey
- Mr Williams
- Mrs Perkins
- Mr McDonnell
- Mrs Taylor-Farren