A Converter Academy
Three Bridges, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 1SX
TEACHER OF SCIENCE
Join Hazelwick – a popular, highly-successful and happy community where our students enjoy learning and teachers enjoy teaching
Our shared vision is “for each and every student to achieve their maximum potential.”
Salary: MPR/UPR plus Fringe Area Allowance (from £1,077 per annum) plus potential recruitment incentives up to £10k.
Hazelwick is a high achieving and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed secondary school with 1500 students in Years 7 – 11 and 350 students in the 6th form.
According to our recent Ofsted report, Hazelwick is a school:
• which is a warm and welcoming place to be with a clear sense of teamwork and community spirit and with excellent working relationships between staff and students
• where leaders and staff are passionate about wanting the best for every student
• which has strong staff morale and a strong sense of pride, which is shared by students and parents
• which has a clear programme of teacher coaching and professional development in place
• where students make consistently good progress across the wide range of academic subjects on offer
• where behaviour is very good; students are polite, friendly and conduct themselves well; they value their learning and play a full part in lessons
• a school where teachers are proud to work
• a school with excellent developmental and CPD opportunities for staff
Science at Hazelwick is:
• taught by a team of highly skilled, supportive and dedicated staff
• a popular KS5 option with 15 classes across the department and excellent results
• a supportive and collaborative staff team
• fully committed to STEM and a wide range of co-curricular activities
For January 2018 we are looking for:
• a teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and is committed to excellence and high student achievement
• a teacher who is able to teach KS3 and KS4 with the potential to teach KS5 in the future. The ability to teach KS4 Physics would be an advantage
• a teacher with a passion for working with young people and a perseverance to make a difference to them and their future
• a teacher with a focus on their own professional development and a drive to work with us to become the best teacher they can be
• applications from NQTs are welcome
• we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
• the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS check
For further details about our school, please go to our school website: www.hazelwick.org
Please return your completed application by 9am on Friday 24th November 2017
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible, as there may be occasions where we will close a vacancy and interview once sufficient applications have been received.