Parkside is a rapidly improving school situated in a rural situation, close to Haworth, West Yorkshire, with good transport links to both Bradford and Leeds. It is a popular and oversubscribed 11 to 18 co-educational school with around 1100 students on role. Due to the improvements instigated over the last two/three years and also to address the increased need for provision in the community, from September 2017, the school engaged in an expansion programme. This will take the school to 210 students on entry, up from the initial 180 and will increase the school in size to approximately 1275 (including sixth form).
Parkside School was judged as a GOOD school by OFSTED in October 2016. We continue to be a forward thinking and outward facing school and in recognition of the excellent practice being undertaken here at Parkside School, we have been and continue to be nominated/shortlisted for a multitude of awards some of which are:
• The Telegraph and Argus Education Awards – in the category of Teaching Assistants (winners);
• PE School Games Award (silver);
• Sky Sports Award for Education (top 10 schools nationally);
• Teacher Development Trust Silver Award – for professional development;
• CEIAG regional winners;
• CEIAG national runners up;
• STEM: Secondary Science Silver Award (one of only two Yorkshire schools awarded this nationally recognised award);
• Robotics Challenge: Regional winners/national finalists (design winners);
• F1 in Schools: Research and Development/Verbal Presentation Award;
• Rolls Royce Science Award, national finalists;
• Dame Kelly Holmes Programme.
We continue an upward trajectory of success with regard to our exam results and the continued, sustained improvement in student outcomes, reflects the hard work of the students and staff alike. This year saw our best results ever and gave everyone (students and staff alike) an immense pride in what we, the Parkside family had managed to achieve together. Our students now perform above national outcomes and significantly above the Local Authority outcomes.
OFSTED October 2016 commented:
“Senior leaders have been successful in improving the quality of teaching and pupils’ progress since the last inspection”
“The Headteacher and his senior team lead the school with energy, drive and determination…”
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is good…”
“…Parents agree that their children are safe”
“Relationships between staff and pupils are very positive and the school’s expectations of behaviour are high”
“Across a broad range of subjects, pupils currently in the school are making good progress from their starting points…”
“Teaching and Learning in the sixth form are good…”
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, innovative, and highly skilled teacher
The successful applicant will report directly to the Head of Faculty and it is expected they will support the strategic direction and development of the school across all areas and exam courses.
The successful applicant will be joining a school that has:
• Has a track record of sustained improvements and outcomes for students at key stage points;
• Improving progress across all Key Stages;
• Worked strategically to enhance the progress of its students at all Key Stages;
• A dedicated staff who are hardworking, enthusiastic and collaborative in their approach to working together and one which contributes to a vibrant and supportive community;
• A supportive environment where staff development is an essential aspect of career development
• Has the wider education of its students at its heart and sees science as in integral part of this
We are seeking to appoint:
• A person with a passion for delivering inspiring and exciting lessons
• A candidate with high expectations of themselves and their students
• A dedicated colleague who is keen to make a significant contribution to raising the attainment and progress of their students further and to producing successful, independent learners for the future
• A person who is flexible / adaptable and can ‘react’ to ever changing day to day situations within a school environment
• A person who has boundless energy and enthusiasm
We can offer:
• Career development opportunities
• Nationally accredited staff CPD
• Smaller than average teaching groups
• Opportunities to teach at post 16 in some roles
Visits are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting the Headteacher, Mr Andy Taylor, via his PA Mrs Jill Britton on email@example.com
If you are as excited by this challenge as we are and you think this might be the role for you, please apply by following the link below, having taken note of the attachments, by the closing date of Friday 17th January 2020 at 10:00 am.
Please note: Only first person or direct applications from candidates will be considered. Third party applications/introductions or recommendations will not be accepted by the school.
Successful candidates will be contacted for interview, which will be undertaken W/C Monday 20th January 2020
The School has adopted the principles of Safer Recruitment and will safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to do the same. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service. Parkside School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.