Salary: Main Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: September 2021
At Swanwick Hall School our mission is simple: to provide our students with opportunities and experiences to enhance their life choices, making a positive contribution to the world we share. Swanwick Hall places a high value on all employees and we are committed to delivering high quality professional development, first class working conditions and a safe and stimulating environment. Our daily work is guided by the Trust values of ambition, teamwork and honesty and Swanwick Hall’s agreed stakeholder values of inclusivity, respect, resilience and trust.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated Teacher of Science at Swanwick Hall School. This role will be perfect for an individual who likes a challenge and is committed to students’ learning, you will be responsible for delivering engaging lessons to our students to ensure they each achieve their full potential. If you were successful for this position, you would join a well-led team of talented and dynamic science teachers who will provide excellent induction and support to the successful candidate.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who is an excellent teacher and has the talent, drive and commitment to be an integral part of the faculty in building on the current strong foundations to secure further improvements in the standards achieved by our students. Applications are welcomed from specialists in any of the three disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics, able to teach one to A level and confident to teach the others to GCSE combined science groups.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
- Competitive pay scales -our pay scales for Leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options.
- The ability to work flexibly
- Career-Average pension scheme
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust
- A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career
The closing date for applications is: Monday 17 May 2021 at midday
Interviews will be held on: A date to be confirmed
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
Swanwick Hall School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years