TEACHER OF SCIENCE
Required: September 2019
Twynham School is a very special place with an excellent reputation both locally and nationally. Achievement is exceptionally high, students are well-behaved and eager to learn and relationships are very special. The position would suit either an NQT or a more experienced colleague who is looking to develop their career in a highly supportive and high-performing environment.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity for a talented individual.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who will relish the opportunity to:
• Teach Science to at least GCSE
• Further improve the already excellent outcomes for students in Science
• Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
• Further shape the curriculum in all Key Stages to enhance the quality of learning for students
You are likely to be someone who:
• Is an exceptional classroom teacher
• Has a proven track-record of improving outcomes for students or demonstrates the ability to do so
• Has an understanding of effective pedagogy
• Understands how to enable students to achieve at the highest level
• Believes that league tables are not the main focus for education
• Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
Twynham School can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
• The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues throughout our school
• High quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
• The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a forward-thinking multi-academy trust
• The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
Applicants are invited to apply direct through the TES website or by visiting www.twynhamlearning.com for an application pack.
Closing Date: 8am Monday 20th May. (Interested candidates are encouraged to speak with the Headteacher prior to application for an informal conversation should they wish to).
Twynham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.