Dubai English Speaking College (DESC) is a thriving, not-for-profit provider of education. We are proud of our inclusive nature and believe that our students get the very best experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom. Our staff are well looked after and continuously strive to improve what is recognised already as an outstanding practice. DESC is considered to be one of the leading Colleges in the region and has a reputable track record of success in academic achievement, sport, performing arts and enterprise. With over sixty nationalities represented, we are very much an international College that embraces the opportunities to facilitate our students in making an impact as global citizens.
DESC is the sister school of the oldest British Curriculum School in Dubai, Dubai English Speaking School (DESS) and is responsible for delivery of secondary education (between ages 11 -18). DESC follows the National Curriculum of England at KS3, GCSE at KS4 and A Level and BTEC at KS5; it has been a provider of outstanding education since 2005. Please refer to the website for further information: www.descdubai.com.
We are seeking the very best teachers who will help us to continue to provide this standard of education.
Our Compensation and Benefits Package includes:
- Highly competitive tax free salary
- Accommodation allowance or fully furnished accommodation
- Excellent Medical Insurance coverage
- Annual flight allowance
- Relocation allowance (overseas applicants only)
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
The successful applicant will:
- Be qualified in the UK
- Have a minimum of one years teaching experience of the UK curriculum and have QTS
- Hold a PGCE or equivalent
- Be talented and highly motivated, with a proven track record of teaching GCSE, AS and A Level
- Be willing to contribute in a positive manner to all aspects of the College’s vision, including extra-curricular activities. Please state on your application if you have experience in Cricket or Athletics as there may be an opportunity for a successful candidate to gain extra responsibility in these areas.
- The ability to teach Psychology would be advantageous.
DESC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers, a Disclosure and Barring Service check and identity checks in line with the UAE visa process.
To apply: To read the Application Pack please click HERE. To complete your application form, please click HERE and return it with the title of the role in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: CVs will not be accepted and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 15th March 2018
Dubai Interviews: Ongoing
UK Interviews: Interviews will take place during March and April
DESC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers who work with the school to share this commitment.