Teacher of Science
Required: September 2021
(1 Year Temporary Contract – Maternity Cover)
Acting Headteacher: Mr S Whitehead BA NPQH
Number on Roll: 950 (including 147 Sixth Form)
King James I Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school right in the heart of the town centre with onsite parking and easy access to public transport. Our staff are friendly, talented and professional. We offer an excellent CPD programme and aim to develop all our staff. We are very proud of our school and our belief is that while at King James I Academy our students will be safe, happy and very well looked after. We will ensure that they are successful academically. When they leave us, they will have also developed the personal skills and qualities to confidently move onto the next stage of their education and into the wider world.
All of our teachers play an important role in the life and development of the school, as such, we are looking to appoint a talented, dynamic teacher who is committed to pupils’ fulfilling their potential.
We want all of our teachers to create an environment that will inspire, motivate and challenge our students; we will provide state-of-the-art resources to enable you to achieve this.
The Science department is staffed by experienced and talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and have a range of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will:
- be a talented, ambitious and creative practitioner
- be an NQT or experienced teacher who is a team player, resilient, willing and able to learn and with excellent organisational and communication skills
- be a teacher who takes pride in building relationships with students and believes strongly in the ability of all students both within and beyond the classroom
- be able to inspire and motivate colleagues and students alike
- be supported through a bespoke and individually tailored induction or NQT programme as well as being given opportunities and support for further career and professional development
Closing Date: Monday 19 April 2021 (noon)
Please visit our website or ring or email the Academy for an application pack. If you would like to arrange an informal visit please contact Karen Sams at (email@example.com) or telephone 013 88 603388.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding children. All candidates will need to demonstrate a commitment to the welfare and safety of children and young people. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon receipt of two supportive references and the successful completion of pre-employment checks. An application to the Disclosure and Barring Service will be submitted when the successful candidate has accepted the position.
Please visit the Disclosure and Barring Service Code of Practice for further information:
King James I Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
King James I Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years