We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Teacher of Science who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of our students. Applications from Early Career Teachers or experienced teachers are encouraged and a comprehensive induction and support package would be available if appropriate.
You will be joining a highly successful and forward-thinking department in a growing school, teaching across the age and attainment range at both Key Stage 3 and 4 in an environment where students are well behaved and keen to do well.
At RMS, we are looking for a teacher who:
- Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
- Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
- Will work collaboratively within the Science team to contribute to the success of the department
- Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
- Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
In return, we can offer:
- Excellent support and fantastic opportunities for continued professional development
- High priority given to staff and student wellbeing
- A dedicated and hardworking team who place students at the heart of everything
- Supportive families who value education and great students who want to learn
- A well-resourced curriculum area supported by a specialist team of technicians
- A broad, exciting and personalised curriculum with a focus on collaborative planning
- A full programme of trips and visits, giving you the chance to share in making positive memories with students
- Consistently excellent student attainment and progress
We pride ourselves on our ethos and culture which promotes positive relationships and behaviour. In our most recent Ofsted report (May 2017), inspectors observed that ‘there is a positive ethos throughout the school, which is enhanced by strong relationships between staff and pupils. Pupils conduct themselves well, and are respectful and courteous to one another. Behaviour continues to be typically exemplary’.
Science is a leading department within the school and we are proud of our outstanding record of success. This summer, 91% of our 265 students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in Science. We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff.
Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy school with a distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in a semi-rural setting in Hampshire, with good rail and road access.
We would welcome the opportunity for an informal chat or visit. Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer on 01256 702700 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to arrange a visit.
Robert May’s School is a highly successful comprehensive single academy trust school, with the largest catchment area in Hampshire. In recent years the school has ranked in the top 10% of national non-selective schools for attainment. Its 1,290...