Staffordshire University Academy
Teacher of Science
MPS - UPS3 with TLR 1.1 £7,698
Start date: 1st January 2018
Staffordshire University Academy is seeking to appoint an innovative and ambitious teacher of science who can enthuse, motivate and challenge students in a wide range of learning activities up to KS5. We are committed to continually improving the quality of teaching and learning. We have access to high quality facilities and resources and work within a strong team structure that allows best practice to be shared. The successful candidate will join a team of friendly and supportive colleagues who want to achieve the very best for our students.
This opportunity would suit an experienced teacher with a passion for science who is looking for a new challenge. Two key areas we would like to develop within the academy are Teaching and Learning within science and STEM provision across the curriculum. Ideally we would like to appoint a candidate who has the vision and desire to develop these areas although TLR responsibilities will be agreed with the successful candidate.
Do you have:
• High aspirations and a proven track record of delivering effective lessons where students are able to make at least good progress
• A passion for working with young people
• A desire to ensure all groups of students are suitably motivated and challenged
• The passion and dedication to make a difference to the lives of young people
• The desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement
• The ability to use and apply technology in lessons to support teaching and learning
In return we can offer:
• Genuinely exciting career development opportunities in a growing academy
• Supportive, experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
• Additional unique CPD opportunities provided by Staffordshire University
• Excellent facilities including classrooms equipped with the latest audio visual technology
For more information and to download an application pack please visit our website: www.suacademy.co.uk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack. Alternatively contact Laura Heelis PA to the Principal on Telephone: 01543 224654.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Wednesday 18th October 2017. Interviews will take place that week.
This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application for.