Open day: Opportunity to meet the Principal: Monday 19th March 2018, 4.30pm – 5.30pm
This post would suit either an experienced teacher or an ambitious and adaptable teacher in the early stages of their career
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and talented teacher of Science to play a key role in shaping the curriculum of our outstanding, multi-faith school as we open the secondary phase of its development.
Unique features of this role are:
- The chance to shape the school’s Science curriculum and ethos
- Potential for promotion
- A bespoke CPD package relevant to the successful candidate’s career stage
- Cross-phase teaching with highly motivated and enthusiastic pupils
- A brand-new building with state-of-the-art Science labs
Nishkam School West London is an innovative, state-of-the-art, all-through 4-19 school. Nishkam’s outstanding primary school opened in 2013 and the secondary phase is due to open in September 2018, with a four form entry in Year 7 of 100 pupils. The school is part of a highly successful Multi-Academy Trust (4 schools, 2 nurseries; 1 vocational college in Kenya).
The new school building and site will open ready for the new intake in September 2018. The primary phase of Nishkam School West London, (Ofsted Outstanding 2016 and SIAMS Outstanding 2017), will also move to the new site in September 2018.
As teacher of Science at Nishkam School West London, you will work in a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust (NST). NST is one of the first multi-academy free school trusts in the UK. The Trust has opened two free schools in Birmingham (a primary in 2011 and a secondary in 2012), both of which are judged Ofsted Outstanding, and a third, a primary free school in Wolverhampton. We are looking for a highly committed and innovative Science teacher to work in close collaboration with other teachers in both the secondary and primary phases across the Trust.
NST has developed an inclusive, values-led, multi-faith educational approach that nurtures pupils of all faiths and those of no particular faith. The Nishkam ethos is to help grow a selfless mindset, aspiring to excellence as well as going beyond ourselves to serve others, to create supportive communities and to realise our true potential. This pervades every aspect of the school.
The role will commence in September 2018. You will:
- have the rare opportunity to work collaboratively with primary colleagues and play a key role in developing the Science curriculum from Years 3 to 7
- have a strong voice in shaping the everyday practice of the school as we develop and embed our ethos and routines, especially in learning and teaching
- have the opportunity to share your expertise with other subject teachers across the Trust
- be part of a global community of charitable initiatives.
We will offer you:
- a very warm, welcoming and talented team
- hardworking and dedicated colleagues who are prepared to give selflessly for the benefit of the students
- supportive parents, carers and community
- a committed and fully involved Governing Body and Board of Directors
- a state-of-the-art learning environment
- wide-ranging opportunities for professional development
- terms and conditions similar to other academies and schools
- a strong commitment and innovative approach to staff wellbeing.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
To apply please request an application pack from Benjamin Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact Ben on 020 7259 8770 for further information. Your application is a direct permanent application to Nishkam West London, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments.