Teacher of Science
Full Time / Permanent or Temporary position
(dependent on the candidate)
(suitable for newly qualified or experienced teachers)
Start date: 1st September 2021
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications: Friday 5th March at 12 noon
Interviews: w/c Monday 8th March or Monday 15th March.
This post will be with effect from 1st September 2021.
Thank you for your interest in the post of Teacher of Science at Baines School. I am proud to be the Headteacher here and am delighted that you are interested in joining our team at this exciting time of change. Baines School is a special place that has great potential to be the most wonderful place for learning and personal development. There are so many positives to share, as well as a number of areas to improve. We are looking for an inspirational and driven leader to join us at a time where we want to rapidly move the school back to ‘Good’ and towards ‘Outstanding’.
A major focus for the science department is ensuring that every student, no matter their age or ability, receives the highest quality science education possible. We want to enthuse our students to have the same love of science that we all possess and to consider carrying on science as their chosen career. We scaffold the learning to support our weakest students, whilst extending and challenging our most able learners so that all students achieve their very best. We teach, where possible through an investigative, real-world context and with our students hopefully agreeing that our teaching is “Inspiring us to solve World problems”.
The ideal candidate:
• is an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of science
• can model excellence inside and outside the classroom
• is flexible, resilient, has a ‘can do’ attitude and is relentlessly positive
• can inspire students of all abilities to be the best they can be
• is driven by moral purpose to serve the community of Baines School
• has the passion to inspire young people to love science, regardless of their ability
We will offer you:
• excellent CPD opportunities
• friendly and vibrant staff and students
• staff and governors who are loyal to the school
• stretch and challenge
• opportunity to be part of a school improvement journey and make a real difference to students’ lives.
Please note: Receipt of an application will be acknowledged by email. Subsequently, if you have not been contacted within one week of the shortlisting date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
It is our policy to take up references for shortlisted applicants from their present employer and one other referee. It would greatly assist the process if you were able to supply email addresses for all the referees on your application form.
Applicants will be asked to produce original certificates for all education qualifications stated in the application form prior to the appointment being confirmed. All appropriate safeguarding and attendance at work checks will be requested.
Applicants are asked to provide an application form that must be fully completed and legible.
A supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 (minimum font size 11), should be clear, concise and related to the specific post.
We would prefer applications to be returned by email to Chloe Porter, the Headteacher’s PA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nil Sine Labore - Nothing Without Effort!
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years