The David Ross Education Trust are now recruiting for a full time Teacher of Science, to join the Team at Skegness Grammar School, starting on 01 September 2019.
Who we are looking for:
- A good degree in a specialist subject teaching qualification
- Nationally recognized teaching qualification
- The skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to teach across Key Stages 3-5
- A very good classroom teacher, demonstrating ability to innovate
- Understanding of current curriculum issues in relation to teaching subject/s
- Able to show evidence of the use of technology in teaching and learning
- Committed to working co-cooperatively with young people; able to communicate sensitively, imaginatively and effectively with them.
- Able to create a team ethos across a team
- Able to motivate and encourage problem solving
- Able to communicate effectively with parents to represent the Academy positively and feedback information as appropriate
Salary & Benefits
- Teacher’s pay scale (dependent upon applicant)
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Join Us Now
To complete our application form, please click on 'apply for job'. Please note that we cannot accept CVs without a completed form.
Skegness Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.